Driven by a passion to make a difference in your community? Read to work on a team committed to helping people take the proven steps toward a healthier way of living? Then explore a career with Ten16 Recovery Network! We are passionate about helping people live fully, free from relying on alcohol and other drugs. We are looking for a Prevention Coordinator to serve Clare County and Gladwin County. This is a full-time position with benefits and located in Clare, MI.
- Coordinate all aspects of a substance abuse prevention coalition including member recruitment, organizing, and facilitating meetings and communications with coalition members
- Mobilize volunteers for community events and local advocacy issues
- Implement substance abuse curriculum and programming in the local community; primarily in local middle school, high school, and alternative education settings
- Develop agency prevention plan per state regulations; monitor implementation, track utilization of hours, and amend as needed
- Conduct pre/post testing for programs and services to demonstrate effectiveness
- As needed, provide office-based educational programs to first-time substance abuse offenders (i.e. minor in possession, first DUI/OWI offense, anger management)
- Coordinate and conduct retailer education on tobacco distribution to minors, including community checks for compliance.
- Maintain positive relationships with referral sources to cultivate support for necessary grown and development of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, family studies, public health, or related human service field with 2-5 years experience
- Must have CPS (Certified Prevention Specialist) or other appropriate certification or secure it within one year of employment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills